Saturday, August 11, 2012

Retreat 2012

This past week we had our annual retreat at MamaJoan's house. Our theme this year, was Vegetables.

We, Jackie (no blog), Lori (no blog), Joan and myself, gathered there on Tuesday morning. Cathy (With Needle and Thread), made a quick visit before she headed to the MN Needleworkers Guild Retreat. She gave each of us one of her famous tartlettes that her mom and her make. Funny story...Cathy got a little confused on my birthday and she brought a gift for me. And as I am writing this I realize I do not have a photo. I will have to add one later. She gave me a Kitty Needle Minder and a Vera Bradley pouch that matches my Get Carried Away bag. Thank you Cathy!

We made our annual trek to our LNS, Stitchville USA, in case we ran out of projects. Stitchville just recently moved so we decided to visit the Joann's that was almost across the street from it. Joan found a very cute peacock towel, and since there was only 1 left, she bought it for me "for my birthday". Fun Times!

We then proceeded to find a Chili's so we could fine dine. After arriving at one that had apparently closed up, we ended up at one of our usual ones. Another funny story...we all thought Amy Winehouse had passed away...we were wrong! She works at Chili's in Bloomington MN! LOL! Our waitress looked just like her. We were calling her Amy. The food is always good at Chili's.

We then made our way back to Joan's where we stitched, watched the olympics, stitched, ate all of our favorite foods and stitched some more. I stayed overnight at Joan's until Friday, the other girls were day campers. Before we left on Tuesday for our LNS, we opened our "goody bags".

Here is what I gave each of the girls...


I was a little different from the other girls. I decided to go with just pumpkins. The first picture is the bag I gave to each, the 2nd picture are the items that I made, check out the pumpkin poop (cheetos), and the 3rd picture are the items I bought. Lots-o-fun!

Here is what Jackie gave to us...


And from Lori...


And from MamaJoan...


Lots and lots of homemade items, paper goods, kitchen usefuls and treats! I love all of them!

It was a great time and I can't wait for next year...
Retreat 2013--FIESTA!

Thanks for visiting and Happy Stitching!

JillMN

8 comments:

Denise said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I am going to Lake Shetek for a retreat in Oct. Can't wait.
Happy Stitching
Denise

Hazel said...

I'm glad you said Cathy was confused about your birthday. I got a bit panicked then! Great goodies all of them. X

Cole said...

What fun!! Lovely gifts for each other and I'm sure many good memories were made. I wish I knew other stitchers close by to get together with!

Kathy L. said...

Sounds like so much fun! I get together with some friends a few times per year. We all craft but I am the only cross stitcher. I think I'll have to start the goodie exchange idea.

Friends are the best!

Kathy l.

Robin said...

Sounds like a nice get together. I really like the themed exchange. Fun times I am sure.

Chris said...

What a fabulous weekend! I love the theme and everythng that you guys put together!
I can't wait to see what you do for Fiesta!

Marie said...

I just wish that there were more stitching people around me, your retreat looks like such fun.

How nice to exchange all of those wonderful, and fun gifts!

WendyJo said...

What fun Jill!! I just love your themed retreats you gals have! I was wondering what goodies everyone was going to have for the "vegetable" themed one this year!