Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Another Finish

For several years at our annual retreat which is in August, we have chosen a "group project" to work on together during the next year and then gather as a group to do the finishing day. This past year we stitched Ellen Chester's "My Needle's Worke Box". Last weekend, those that actually did follow through with it gathered and we did finishing. I have been stitching/finishing for many years and yet, it still amazes me how much time finishing takes...yikes! We worked on it Friday night and Saturday. After I got home it probably took me about another 3 hours to completely finish. But once it is all done, it is sure worth it.



 


I am pretty happy with with and so glad that it is done. Thanks to MamaJoan for letting us come over to "Joan's House of Everything" and share in the finishing task with good friends.

Our project for next year is THIS! We are changing up our plan a bit for this next one. We are NOT going to save everything to finish all at once. Since we get together on Friday nights, we are going to try and do the "smalls" on some of these nights. Hopefully this will work a litter easier.

I have a very wee start on mine.


That's all I have for today. Thanks for visiting.

Happy Stitching!

JillMN

9 comments:

Laurie in Iowa said...

Fabulous finish and such a fun idea to share in the finishing woes with friends.
Love the new project you've chosen.

Nicola said...

I love etuis and yours is a particularly lovely one. Congratulations on a superb finish.

MarchAnn said...

Love it you did a great job on the finish

Daffycat said...

This is magnificent, Jill. Your finishing is really lovely. What a treasure!

Faye said...

Love it, love it, love it~~~ And, going over to "Mama Joan's House of everything crafty and magnificent" sounds like heaven to me toooo!~~ You two gals are a perfect pair! Nice job, Faye

Deb said...

Your finish is beautiful!! I just love it.

Honeybee (Melissa) said...

What a beautiful finish! And your next project looks like it will be fun to do as well!

Anne said...

Beautiful finishes Jill!!

Bekca said...

I am rather envious of your lovely group of stitching friends :) Your finished project looks stunning, looking forward to seeing the new one grow!
Best wishes.