This could work! I removed the cushion, which wasn't really attached, and cleaned it up. I then thought about how I wanted to dress it up. I decided to stick with my love of peacocks...no surprise, eh? Here is how it sits today.
I was going to try to use things that I already had...Lord knows I have ALOT of peacock things! I started with the back of the chair on the front side. I knew I wanted to stitch something and finally came up with this design from Samplers and Santas. I had stitched it earlier as charted and framed it here. For this, I stacked the pattern and used my own hand-dyed threads. I picked out one of my magnetic needle keeps and glued it in the hole at the top. While I was working on the front piece, it was my hubby's idea to cover the back somehow. This was the perfect place to store a scissors. I was going to make a cushion for the seat out of the fabric that was used on the back, but I had this green pincushion that my friend, Joan, made for me awhile back. I think it is perfect! I had to add the small kitty magnet on the front side. I have a kitty and he always sits next to me when I stitch. The tape measure was given to me several years ago by another good stitching friend, Chris (no blog). The 3 spools of thread I use when I do finishing.
I probably will add/change some things as time goes on, but I just love how this turned out. I am so happy. I have to thank my friends for all of the items that you gave me that went into this. I really love that part of it.
Thanks for visiting and Happy Stitching :)