Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Mini Retreat

Joan and I had a mini retreat since her DH was gone fishing for 2 days.

One of the things we wanted to make was a stitcher's lap desk. We did have a pattern and after a few bumps in the road we were successful. Here is a couple of pictures of mine.



The top is magnetic and the bottom is filled with pellets from a bean bag chair--which happen to be pretty weightless! If I were to make another one, I would make it a little smaller I think but I am happy with it. I have been wanting one for some time.

I did stitch "Treat Your Self Well" by La-D-Da, just the words and quite a bit on CaHRH. I will post these later when they are finished.


Today I finished LHN's "Remember Me" which is a special release. This was the new kit for Breast Cancer from Elegant Stitch. It turnedout very cute.


That gorgeous pin came with it also!

Yesterday, I heard from Faye, who is my season exchange partner for the Stitching Friends Through the Seasons blog. Faye loves LHN Designs and the color red.



I stitched a portion of "The Strawberry House" and finished it as a pin pillow. The rest of the exchange had a red/strawberry theme.



Today, I am going to pull some more projects together so they are ready to work. I could get used to this not working thing. LOL!

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!

Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

Missy said...

Your lap desk looks great. I like the large size of it. I find the one's available at the store are to small to work with.

I read Faye's post and I can see why she is so thrilled to have received all of your beautiful gifts you gave her.
You sure do know how to spoil someone!!

Hugs
-missy-

Kim B said...

Your exchange for Faye is divine! And what a great lap desk Jill. I love this idea.

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

The desk is a great idea! So glad you are enjoy stitching and not working! LOL Exchange with Faye is cute ! Keep A Stitching !

Faye said...

I love the lap desk!!! Very nice and innovative idea... Your pictures of what you sent me are so much better than what I snapped and used....I love love love everything you sent me!!! Those little red scissors are too cute and I am already using the strawberry thread holder!!! You hooked me up!TY TY TY, Faye

Unknown said...

What a great idea! And, I love your exchange piece for Faye...bet she loved it!

HAPPY STITCHIN'
Terri

Michele said...

wow, your lap desk is very clever! Love the exchange you sent to Faye :)

Carol R said...

Great lap desk! Sweet 'Remember Me' pillow too!