Monday, June 21, 2010

First Day of Summer

Today, June 21, is the first day of summer. What a perfect day to receive my Friends Stitching Through the Seasons Summer exchange from Karen.

Karen stitched a Shepherds Bush design, Scatter Freedom, and finished it is a small pillow. It is just beautiful.


Karen does beautiful stitching and finishing. She also included some very nice goodies.

She sent a piece of banding with a blue decorative edge, a fat quarter of patriotic fabric, a card of different 4th of July ribbons, a pack of #28 Bohin needles (which I have been wanting to try), some buttons and rusted pins and bells which she made, a skein of Belle Soie silk thread and a very cute wooden stick that has patriotic firecrackers on the top. I love all of it! Thank you Karen!


I have to share something I found at Walmart today. This tin of candies that was just calling out my name and I just had to buy it. The tin is the most gorgeous purple color. I will be looking for that perfect something to stitch for the top of it. It is just too cool.



Thanks for stopping and have a great week!

5 comments:

Daffycat said...

Oooo, a beautiful exchange to receive!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with that lucious purple tin!

Karen said...

I'm glad it made it and you like it! it was another fun one to stitch! i think you will love the bohin needles, i have become addicted to them. LOL
i have a few of those purple tins too. (they are yummy candies too). LOL

Kim B said...

Beautiful!!! Karen is a master finisher and this is no exception. What a lovely piece!

Karen said...

That is pretty! I love this design and love the way she finished it. Great goodies too! Very nice exchange.

trillium said...

The Fourth was my favorite holiday as a kid.

The design is striking and she finished it very well.