Today I decided to have a finishing day. It is amazing how much time it takes to finish stuff. It took me about 6 hours to finish 4 pieces.
First, I have 2 ornaments for the 2009 Christmas Challenge. Here is the one for July:
This is from the 2006 JCS Ornament Issue. I stitched it on 32ct. Misty Blue and 32ct. Natural Lite Belfast with DMC as charted and GAST Avocado. I have wanted to do this ornament for a long time and just love how it turned out.
My August ornament is this:
This one is from the 2008 JCS Ornament issue. I stitched it on 28ct. Yellow Dust Opal Cashel and Black with DMC as charted and WDW Bethlehem. This was very fun to do!
The next piece I finished is my pink stitch for August. It is With My Needle's "Quaker Schoolgirl Needle Necessities--Scissors Sheath". I stitched it on 32ct Antique White Linen with Needle Necessities #630.
This next piece I actually finished yesterday. It is for a co-worker's birthday this week. Both of our birthdays this year are kind of monumental so I decided to do something a little special for her.
The front is the Birthday Stocking from Blackbird Designs January book stitched with DMC as charted. The back is A Mon Ami Pierre "Hornbook" stitched with Silk & Colors Autumn Bouquet.
I finished one more item today, however, it is for an exchange so I can't share it just yet. I can however, share something new I started. During our retreat a couple of weeks ago, 7 of us decided to stitch the "Ackworth Friendship Book". 5 of us are stitching 2 squares for each of us and 2 of us are stitching 1 square for each of us.
The one on the left, is the front page of mine. We are doing our own front and back pages.
The scissors in the above picture, was a special gift from Margit. My good friend Joan and Margit do personal exchanges. I have been lusting over these scissors for quite sometime but came to the conclusion that we just can't get them here in the U.S. Joan asked Margit about them and she came through for us. Thank you again, Margit! I just love them.
The other day, I received my LHN Exchange from Angela P. She stitched "Strawberry House" and finished it as a scissor pocket pinkeep.
She stitched it on 28ct Mushroom Lugana with floss as charted. I have this pattern but haven't been able to stitch it for myself yet. Now I won't have to!
Thank you Angela! I love it!
Well, I think that is all I have for now. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!