Monday, July 21, 2008

A Couple of Exchanges Received

I finally got word that a couple of my exchanges were received.

First, I found out that Ulla, in Finland, received my SBEBB Summer House Exchange last week. I mailed this over 2 weeks ago and was anxiously waiting to hear from her.

I stitched the house from "Houses and Homes" by Birds of A Feather. I stitched this entire design for myself a few years back and thought that it is a great looking summer house. I used Weeks Dye Works and a piece of 32 ct. home-dyed linen.


I also sent Ulla a few goodies. A DMC marbleized scissors, needles, ribbon, a thread counter, some fabric, linen threads and a tape measure.


* * * * *


Then, today, I got word that Olga received my HoE Summer Quaker exchange.

I stitched the Summer block from "Seasonal Accents Samplers" by Needle and I on Floba with DMC Floss. I finished it as a tin. This was my first attempt at this and I think it turned out kind of cute.


Olga also received some goodies. I sent a marbleized scissors, some needles, a thread counter, personalized notecards, fabric and a chicken pin cushion.


Both of these exchanges were alot of fun and I'm glad they arrived safely.

7 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love both of your exchanges! The Summer House is cute, cute, cute! And your tin topper looks great! Both lucky ladies ;)

Cathy B said...

Both exchanges are wonderful Jill!

Becky K in OK said...

Two great exchanges. Love the tin topper. So clever.

Olga said...

Oh, I love my tin topper too,.. and all the goodies. :-)Thank you Jill.

Carol R said...

Your tin topper is beautiful

staci said...

Wonderful stitching and finishing Jill! I'm sure your exchanges are much loved :)

Sharon said...

Both look wonderful-I love your summer house!