Sunday, August 10, 2014

Merry Christmas!

I know, it is only August 10, but last week we had our annual Stitching Retreat and our theme this year was "Christmas". It was a condensed one this year, just Wednesday and Thursday, but it was still lots of fun!

At last years retreat, I said that I would make floss tags for us for this year. Here is what I made.


They are from the Blackbird Designs stocking series, with a little tweaking on the toe! These were alot of fun to stitch and I think they turned out great!

Unfortunately I did not take pictures of all of our goodies before I put them away once I got home. You can go over to MamaJoans blog as she has posted pictures.

Since the theme was Christmas, I decided to work on some ornaments. I recently received Lizzie Kate's Santa '14 and the new Tiny Tidings. I completed the Santa '14 and part of the ornament with the elf. I worked on them this weekend and have fininshed stitching all of them.




These pictures aren't the greatest. I did iron my linen before I put the beads and charms on but they got a little wrinkled again. These will go in my "finishing" box for my upcoming finishing day.

I have been a bad blogger once again. I started out the year with great intentions and life just got in the way.

I have "unearthed" the Fair and Square Exchange our 2nd exchange is just underway. The first exchange was a Patriotic Exchange and my partner was the great Marie P. Here are the squares she sent me.


I was thrilled to get these! Thank you Marie!

Here are the squares I sent to Marie.

I have more to share. Maybe later this week, I will be back.
Thanks for visiting.

Happy Stitching!

JillMN

9 comments:

Marilyn said...

Those little floss-ring stockings are just too cute!
marilyn

Bekca said...

Your LK stitching looks great, glad you had a fun time at the retreat :)
Best wishes.

Deanne J said...

Love your stockings.

Annette-California said...

Love those darling stockings you made. Lovely stitching:)
love Annette

Andrea said...

I don't mind Christmas at any time of the year. Lovely stockings and the exchanges are great.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love reading about your retreats :) This one was no exception! You did a fabulous job on those floss tags! GREAT! and the tidy tidings...I have this...not done though! CUTE!! And the 2014 Santa, all done too! GO GO GO!

Marie said...

I LOVE your floss tags, so pretty!

Thanks again for your wonderful Patriotic blocks and for moderating the F&S blog!

Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ulla said...

The stockings are my favourites.Wonderful patterns and well done projects.Lovely