Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Getting Back in the Groove!

When I started my new job last August, I was hired as a part-time Office Assistant. And here I am now, working 10-12 hour days having taken on alot more responsibilities than what I started with. I love my new job, however, it hasn't left much time for my stitching and such lately. I am going to try and turn that around.

I'm pretty sure it was in January when I decided to start something for my friend, MamaJoan's, birthday, which was on March 20. I did start it, however, I didn't get it done in time for her birthday. It wasn't until this last Sunday that I finally finished it. I felt so bad about it being so late and was excited that I was finally done. Today I decided to take a long lunch and take it over to her. It was a perfect time as her 3 Minnesota grandkids were there with there moms. It was a nice visit.

I stitched a Danybrod design that I had got awhile back. Kind of a needlebook of sorts.

Here is the outside:


It is a 28ct. green linen. Here it is open:


The inside is 28ct. antique white. I used the DMC's as charted.


The lace is actually a pocket in which you can place packets of needles or pins. I was so pleased with how it turned out. I am not the best hand sewer.

To my friend, Joanus, Happy Birthday. I am hoping this will give me a boost in my mojo and I can get my stitching back in full motion. Lord knows I have LOTS of projects to do!

Thanks for visiting and I hope to be back very soon.

Happy Stitching :)

JillMN

14 comments:

Janine said...

Wow that is a lot of hours to be working. Just as well you love your job. I love the stitchy present you made. It is just lovely and I bet your friend loved it too.

Marilyn said...

Oh, that is so cute.
You did a great job on it, very pretty.
Hope you get more stithcing time soon.
Marilyn

Chris said...

Wow! I am sure that she will love this. It is wonderful.

Laurie in Iowa said...

What a sweet gift you stitched for your friend. It was well worth the wait.

Cole said...

A beautiful gift Jill! Well done!

Terri said...

That is absolutely gorgeous! Joan is very lucky to have you for a friend!

Carol said...

That is just lovely, Jill--I'm sure Joan is tickled pink :)

Lana said...

That is so beautiful!!!I love it!! Try not to work too hard, get some stitching in!!

valerie said...

Gorgeous gift for Joan! I am sure she is in love with it. It's so pretty!

Bekca said...

That truly is a gorgeous gift, I bet Joan was so pleased with it. Looking forward to seeing your upcoming projects.
Best wishes.

diamondc said...

Jill : I know Joan a little and am sure she fell in love with it she is such a lovely Lady, this lovely needlebook is so pretty.
Catherine

Eszter/SubRosa said...

What a beautiful needlebook! I love it♥

ulahkagey said...

Gambling in Las Vegas - Dr.MCD
Gambling in 전라북도 출장안마 Las w88 Vegas · Bet on sports online · Bet on sports online · 순천 출장마사지 Live. Sports · More 태백 출장샵 events 안양 출장안마 · More games. Our experts and statisticians know

sesta said...

fh184 fake designer bags tw324