Saturday, January 5, 2013

Stitching Squad Reunited

Stitching Squad is not only the name of MamaJoan's blog , but it is also the name of our little stitching group. We have gathered at MamaJoan's house on Friday nights to stitch for many years. However, life has been so busy for the past few months for some of us that we have not been all together for quite awhile.

Last night we got together and had a handmade Christmas Ornament Exchange. It was so nice to see everyone again to catch up with each other.

Here is a picture of our ornaments...


I wish I would have remembered to take a group picture of us, aaargh! This picture really does not do these justice, as they never do! The snowman ornament in the upper left, was made by Jackie (no blog) and Julie (no blog) received this one. It has a couple of embellishments and is very cute! The hardanger heart (center top) was made by Julie and Chris (no blog) received this gem. It is gorgeous! It has burgundy velvet inside and can be seen through the cutwork. The other snowman ornament was made by MamaJoan, and went to Jackie. Again, very cute! I love the little cardinal. Below this one is a stunning tree made by Chris and went to MamaJoan. This one is beautiful and has stitching on the back also, like the stitching around the tree. The "Love and Joy" ornie was made by Lori (no blog) and I was the lucky recipient. Love it! This is one that I wanted to stitch and now I don't have to. And the Santa in the bottom left, was made by me and it went to Lori. Let me just say that I would have loved to have each one of these ornaments! They are all beautiful! We already decided that we are definitely doing this again next year!

As we have grown older, we have not been able to stay out as late. We (I) started leaving about 8:30. It was a great evening!

Happy Stitching!

JillMN




11 comments:

Mama Joan said...

Good times as usual. We need to start up those Friday nights again:)

Was great to see everyone and the exchange was wonderful.

Can't wait until next years exchange.

Cole said...

Lovely ornaments!

Amy said...

Those are great! Y'all are blessed to be able to get together now and again.... Enjoy each other.
Blessings,
Amy from Oklahoma

Kathy A. said...

Glad to hear you were able to get together. I certainly miss my stitchy group at home. I feel less focused without them.

Annette-California said...

Wow - Lovely ornament exchange. They are all so beautiful. What a talented & fun group you have. happy new Year.
love Annette

Chris said...

What beautiful ornaments.

Marie said...

Such nice ornament.

You are lucky to have such a great group of stitching friends to get together with.

Honeybee (Melissa) said...

All the ornaments are just beautiful! Good work to all of you!

Anonymous said...

Very lovely ornaments. Happy times when friends can come together and enjoy each other's company. I hope life lets you do it more often.

Bonnie said...

Hi,
I was wondering if you can email me as I have a few questions on your Hearts Left Behind piece you stitched a few years ago. I can't find where your email address is .
My email is ---fortyeightcountstitcher@yahoo.com

Thank you
Bonnie

Ginger said...

I just joined yor blog, totally blown away. You do gorgeous work.
I am interested in a pattern you had. Hearts left behind. My mother just passed and I would very much like to stitch it for my sister. If you could lead me where to get it, or a copy, I would appreciate it.