Sunday, June 10, 2012

I Wish I Could Just Stitch!

Life has been kind of busy the last 5-6 days I haven't had too much time to stitch. However, I had a very nice stitching day last Wednesday that my friend, Chris (no blog), hosted. I got to re-visit with some old friends and meet some new ones. It was quite a lovely day. I started this piece there.


 
Hannah's Small Basket
Blackbird Designs
30ct. Park City Blend
DMC's as charted except home-dyed
Date started stitching: June 6, 2012
Date finished stitching: June 10, 2012 

I'm not sure how I want to finish this so it will go into the "finishing" box.

I was on a little road trip this past week and made a quick visit to...


 

We were on a time deadline to get home so it was a short visit. It is not far at all off of the main highways nearby. It is a cute little shop. Lots of patterns, good selection of fabrics, and a fair amount of treasures! It is worth the stop. There is a quilt store that is connected to it but I did not go over there.

That's all I have for today. Thanks for visiting and Happy Stitching!

JillMN

6 comments:

April said...

Love your finish. I am going to have to pull out my pattern for it and stitch it up now.

The Needlework Shop is a great store. I used to visit it all the time when I lived in WI. Now I live in Illinois and love to visit there when I visit home.

Annette-California said...

Beautiful mini sampler Jill. I am impressed that you stitched it with your own over dyed threads. Gorgeous! Well done:)

Daffycat said...

This is a very cute finish, Jill! I wish I could just stitch too...no work, no housework...just stitching and stash shopping. Wouldn't that be the life? I guess I'd better play the lotto more often ~ lol!

Chris said...

Lovely finish. It sounds like you had a great day with the other stitchers.
I hope things will slow down so you have more stitching time. Have a great week!

Mouse said...

ohhh cute finish :) and cooooo nice shop to go and while away a few hours in :) now did you get any new stash then ???? love mouse xxxxx

Melody said...

Nice finish Jill!

Where is the shop you visited?