Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Catching Up...

Well, today is the first day that the "S" word was used in the weather forecast. :( I am NOT looking forward to winter. It is a bit chilly here with rain and very strong winds so far today.

I finally received notification that my pumpkin exchange for the tiny treasures blog was received. It went to Liz in the Netherlands.


This is from the Just Cross Stitch Halloween issue. It is Jack O' Lantern by Casey Buonaugurio. The pincushion is stitched on 30ct. Carrot linen, over 2 threads. The fob is stitched on the same linen over 1 thread. I used the DMC as charted. They turned out very cute.

* * * * * * *

My red stitch for October, is the new freebie from La-D-Da, One Two. I stitched it on 32 ct. linen with a Threadworx thread.




This was a very quick stitch and fun!

* * * * * * *

I also finished block #10 of my CaHRH. I know this picture won't do it justice, but I think this has to almost be my favorite.


And NOT because there is a cardinal in it! LOL! The pine needles really add alot to this square. I had to unearth my hoop for this. I am so anxious to finish this piece. The next block is completed solid.

* * * * * * *

Last Friday I went to Joans for stitching with the girls. I got there around 3:00 and told them that I was probably going to leave by 6:30 so I could get home to watch the baseball game. Well, to my surprise they had a little birthday celebration for me. Needless to say, I didn't get home until about 10:00. What could be better for dinner than chips and enchilada dip AND cake and ice cream. Yum! I also received some very nice gifts.

Lori game me these lovely scissors.


I did not have these but I have looked at them several times at my LNS. Thank you Lori!

Jackie gave me a pumpkin candle mat pattern, for my new pumpkin kitchen, with the floss, a pumpkin, a candle and a Just Nan peacock pin.


I am anxious to get this stitched up. Thank you Jackie!

Joan gave me one of her famous bags made from Blackbird Designs fabric and the Just Nan Peacock Needle Slide.


You gotta love those bags. Thank you Joanus!

Thanks to all of you girls for the great food and gifts. It was a very nice surprise.



In the mail, I got a birthday surprise from my friend, Lynn.




Lynn made me a very cute Prairie Schooler ornament which I just love. It even has a cardinal in it! She also gave me the LHN pattern and the fibers to stitch it up with. Thank you Lynn!

I am so lucky to have such good friends. Some I have not even met! I am so grateful for all of you.

Now I need to work on an exchange which slipped my mind, AGAIN!

Happy Stitching!

JillMN

8 comments:

Roberta said...

Happy Birthday Jill, you received some very nice gifts.

Love the Jackolantern from the JCS magazine - it is one that I wanted to stitch, but didn't get to!!

Cole said...

Great finishes and lovely gifts! Happy Birthday!

Daffycat said...

Happy birthday a little early, Jill! You received some very sweet gifts.

Oh my! Block #10 is gorgeous! And your pumpkin exhange is just so darling.

Snow? Egads, it's still Autumn. Someone needs to tell off that weatherman!

Deborah said...

Love all of your finishes but i am in love with Block# 10! I can see why this would be your fav. Happy Birthday!

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Happy Birthday Jill !!! Batton down those hatches for the weather... LOL Your stitching is great, I love #10 block. Great Gifts from your friends !!!

Lynn B said...

Happy Birthday for Friday, enjoy stitching your gift Jill!

Karen said...

What great goodies you have received! Hope you have a great birthday.

Missy Ann said...

Oh fantastic! I love what you did with the pumpkins.