Saturday, April 25, 2009

Exchanges to Share

A couple of my exchanges were finally received so I thought I would post them.

First, in Round 12 on the Fair and Square, I had Maren for a partner. Here are the squares I stitched for her.


This is a freebie design from Danybrod. They are stitched on 32ct. Antique White Lugana with DMC.

A couple of months ago, I participated in a mailart exchange on the Hooked on Exchanging blog. In fact, I was the moderator of this particular exchange. I had one person go MIA and had to find a replacement. I did get a volunteer, however, it fell through for some reason. Poor Lucy, its bad enough that your partner doesn't follow through, but then for the replacement to not come through either? Well, of course I felt bad for her and thank goodness she was so patient and very understanding. Last weekend I stitched her a mailart. I mailed it on Monday and she received it just today.

Here it is before I sewed up the sides.


And here it is all sewed up.



I couldn't get a good handle on her likes except that she liked spring. I knew I had this banding with the ladybugs on it and I started with that. I stitched the "Friendship Grows" freebie from Lizzie Kate and some motifs from Lizzie Kate's June Block Flip-Its. I found the ladybug alphabet on the internet. It is stitched with DMC Floss and Variations #4200.

From her e-mail, it sounded like she was quite pleased. I was relieved to hear that it finally was received. I love sending mailart but it is a little scary throwing it in the mail.

Again I thank Lucy for being so patient and understanding.

3 comments:

Roberta said...

Hi Jill, love the mail art - sorry that it became an issue. If ever you need a sub - let me know - I usually can jump in and get something stitched for you.

Catch you later.

Roberta

Daffycat said...

What a great mailart you stitched! Of course, I love ladybugs so I'm sure to like it! It was so nice of you to stitch up a replacement...it's really crappy when partners fall through.

Oh yeah, great F&S squares too!

Kathy A. said...

Your Fair Squares are so lovely.
What a beautiful mail art you came up with. I have seen the odd one around but never saw it before it was together. I have a better idea of how they work now. You have done a great job and I am sure it was well received.