Thursday, December 4, 2008

RAK to Margie

On Monday, 12/1, I read on Margie's blog, that she seemed to have been forgotten on the Stitching Bloggers Birthday exchange. This is what she said:

"I'm very disappointed. My birthday was a month ago and I never received anything from my partner with the Stitching Bloggers Birthday Club. I had over a year to look forward to it and this has been a terrible let down. She posted on that blog the day after my birthday that something would arrive and maybe at some point something will but I'm not really holding out much hope at this point. At least my partner received her birthday gift on time last May and she seemed to like it."

I had taken Monday off of work and was home when I read this. I felt so bad for her. To have waited practically all year and then nothing. So...I decided that Margie was going to be my next RAK. I contacted Edgar (who is in charge of that blog) and told him what I wanted to do and if I could get Margie's address.

I had just gone to JoAnn's (several times) over the weekend to stock up on stuff. I stitched her up a birthday fob, gathered up a few items and took the package to the post office on Tuesday. Today, Margie received it.


I sent her a box of DMC Floss (the Holiday Collection), a flag for her deck, a scissors, a thread counter, some happy birthday floss tags and the birthday fob. It sounds like she was quite surprised and pleased with it.


Don't forget to sign up for my blogoversary giveaway on my previous post. I will be drawing on Monday, 12/8.

12 comments:

Daffycat said...

You are such a sweetie! How kind of you, Jill.

Shelleen said...

you did a very kind and sweet thing and I am sure it meant so much to her.

Sharon said...

Jill, that was an great RAK for Margie!

Ulla said...

You are very kind Jill, I am sure Margie was pleased with it.

Karen said...

that was very very sweet of you!!!!!

staci said...

What an incredibly thoughtful and generous gift Jill! You are such a sweetie and I'm sure you made Margie's day!!!

Lynn B said...

Jill you are so kind!

Karen said...

What a thoughful thing to do, I'm sure she was thrilled!

Natasha said...

So very sweet of you. I am sure she was thrilled to bits.
Natasha

Carol R said...

A lovely generous gift from a lovely generous lady!
Great birthday floss tags - did you make them yourself?

Teena in Toronto said...

That's so nice of you :)

Happy blogoversary!

Olga said...

Sorry, I 've missed this post. It was so nice of you, Jill.Your RAK is just wonderful!
But how about that other stitcher? No punishment?