Saturday, January 2, 2016

Two Thousand Sixteen

A New Year. A New Beginning.

I have been so amiss from not only my blog, but from stitching in general. For the past year and a half, my husband has been in and out of hospitals and rehab centers. And in September, he was put in a care center. Unless you have been in this kind of situation, I don't think you know what it is like. It is just so wearing...mentally. I still work full time as an Office Manager in Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade school, which I REALLY enjoy. However, I have really missed my stitching life and am going to give it my all to get back into it.

The other day, this came across my Facebook page.


This really hit me good. It is really hard for me to do what this says, but I decided I need to really try. I can't fix everything.

OK, enough of all that.

Working at a school, I have had the luxury of having some much need time off the past 2 weeks for Christmas break. It has been so wonderful! I decided to clean out my big walk-in closet, get rid of stuff I really don't need and re-organize my stitching stuff so it will all be more accessible. It won't all be done quickly, but I have been working on it for a few hours everyday.

My son, Giles, and may I say how grateful I am for him now, gave me 2 patterns off my wishlist and a beautiful accordian style file with peacocks on it for Christmas. I started one of them the day after Christmas and finished it in 2 days.

With Thy Needle and Thread
Holly Jolly Frosty


This was really a fun and fast stitch. I am not quite sure how I am going to finish this one.

I then started this next piece and was hoping to finish it still in 2015, but I was just a few hours short.



Plum Street Samplers
Merry One


Another very fun stitch. I really like this one. I think I would like to frame this one.

Traditionally I have always started a new project on January 1. I really wasn't sure I wanted to do this as I have sooooo many WIP's that I really would like to finish. However, since I am working on my "stash", I perused through a basked of older patterns that I have not stitched yet. What was the most fun of going thru these was the fact that about 95% of them used only DMC floss. YAY!!! Overdyed threads are overrated and I have been disappointed by them so much, I just don't use them anymore. There is no dye lots for these so the threads that were used in the picture on any pattern won't be exactly the same as what I buy. The above pattern, Holly Jolly Frosty, uses 13 different overdyed threads. One color is used in just 8 stitches. Really, how much color change are you going to see in 2 blocks of 4 stitches? And pay $2-$3 for that 1 color? Anyway, I did find "Peacock Spot Sampler" by Ewe & Eye & Friends.



Sorry this picture is so light, but it is very light on my pattern. I have had it so long that the picture faded? LOL!


It is not very big so I was okay with that. Here is my progress so far.


I couldn't get this picture to rotate. It appears that I am a little rusty at blogging. I will have to sharpen my skills back up!

Will, I think that is it for now. Happy New Year to all and thanks for stopping by!

JillMN

11 comments:

Blu said...

I'm sorry that 2015 was so bad for you. I hope 2016 will be much better.

Monica said...

I do have an idea of what you are going through. My 88 y/ o mom went to assisted living in March and has been in and out of the hospital four times since then. The last time, she was there eleven days and didn't think she was going to make it out alive. She was in a nursing home for a month for rehab. She was able to go back to the assisted living the beginning of December. I'm the only one here so I have to handle it all. Two of my sisters are 200 miles away but, don't come very often. Stitching and work are my salvation. Take care of yourself. You will be better to everyone if you do. May 2016 be better,

Robin said...

Sending you lots of good wishes and compassion for you and your husband. You are right, it is unfathomable how draining emotionally and mentally and physically it can be. Good for you.....take time for self. Wishing you a good 2016 which will include stitching time needed to nourish your soul!

Chris said...

Welcome back Jill!
I hope that 2016 is filled with lots of stitches. I think that you are off to a great start.
So sorry that your DH has been ill.
Wishing you both all the best in 2016 :)

Cindy's Stitching said...

sorry to hear about your husband. we all get tested and thrown into the fire at times. I hope you find balance and give your self some much needed down time. have a blessed new year.

lynda said...

Hi Jill, I'm sorry that you had such a rough 2015. Hopefully, the coming year will bring much happiness and many blessings to you and your family. You and your husband will be in my prayers.

lynda said...

Lovely stitching, by the way!

Robin in Virginia said...

What fabulous pieces you finished and working on! I hope 2016 brings peace, joy and balance in your life each and every day. Thinking of you!

cucki said...

Hello dear friend I am your new friend a happy follower of your lovely blog.
I love your stitching so much
Sending you big hugs and prayers xx

Anneke Sergio said...

I was a victim of weak erection and premature ejaculation,for the
past 4 years,and for this past 4 years my life was horrible,one day i saw a
post of a man being cured by a Doctor, called Dr Imoloa,so i contact him
and i get the cure from him,and my 4 years disaster and pains were like a
dreams so if you have this problem of weak erection and premature
ejaculation he also have cure for lupus disease, corneal ulcer, polio disease,
Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, cystic fibrosis, epilepsy,joint pain,
fetal alcohol spectrum, schizophrenia, lichen planus, cancer, diabetes, asthma syphilis, and many more... you can contact Dr Imoloa for help,Email drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com / whatssapp +2347081986098.
-

acuk said...

Download Game Slot Penghasil Uang