After finishing my Hello Spring, I decided to work some more of my project for our retreat in August. We are stitching With My Needle's "My Needle's Worke Box". I finished my 5th square but really wanted to keep working on it. Soooo, since I hadn't decided what to work on next, I decided to do all the stitching with the perle cotton, which is mostly 4-sided and back stitched borders. I kept going even still and now I only have the cross stitching to do on the top square. I will be happy when this is done. I can't remember if we are finishing these at retreat or not. It is so time consuming to do this kind of thing at retreat and we really love to just stitch.
I now needed to decide what to work on next...
Once again, I had to "browse" through my stash as I was looking for a Birds of a Feather pattern that I knew I had. I still haven't found the pattern I was looking for but I came across 7 BBD patterns that I didn't realize I had. You see, I keep all of my BBD patterns together in a large pouch and these 7 were not in there. I was on the old Loose Feathers automatic so I have quite a few...and alot of them with fabric and some (as I found out) even with the fibers. When I found a BBD pattern with the fabric AND the fibers, it was a no brainer. This is what I will stitch next.
I do love the colors in this one, especially my 2 favorite...purple and green! It's not too big so it should be fairly quick.
Another thing I did this weekend was I overdyed some floss. While surfing the net, I came across, Primitives by the Light of the Moon, that showed how she did it. It seemed fairly easy and since I had everything that was needed, I figured I would give it a shot.
My friend Viki, the garage sale queen, had given me a big floss of assorted floss some time ago so I went through this and picked 3 colors that had multiple skeins.
I used DMC #435, #891 and #434. I followed her directions using the Tan dye. Here is how they looked after dyeing and dried.
The #434 doesn't show too much color change as it was probably too dark for tan to do anything. But I love the others. I undid the skeins and wound them.
This was very fun and I really love the results...especially the red! I will be doing this again for sure. When I get some more dye, I am going to go ahead and do the rest of the bag.
I think that's all I have for now. Happy Stitching :)