Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Stitch-A-Longs

I am now involved in 2 stitch-a-longs. First there is the hardanger-a-long that I have been doing. I received the 5th installment (of 6) last week and just finished it today.


I was a little nervous for this part, I hadn't done the Edelweiss stitch for many years and I only did it once in a class. I am thankful I had the best hardanger teacher ever! As I was doing it, I could hear Marie walking me through it. If Marie was still here today, I probably would have been paying her a visit! Anyway, I did enjoy doing it and am pleased with the outcome. There is only 1 installment left on this piece. I'm thinking it will be the edging.

I joined Carol's (iStitch) stitch-a-long and completed the 1st installment. I am using 40 ct. ivory linen with Thread by Nina, "Romance". I love it so far.



I did have another finish this week. It is called "Americana" by Workbasket. Thank you Edgar!


I did the companion piece to this, "Landscape" about 4 years ago.


It was about time I finished the 2nd one. I will be ordering frames for these eventually.

That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Stitching!

JillMN

9 comments:

Edgar said...

A great finish - I think the charts are by Workbasket - andI love the SAL's!!

Lesleyanne said...

Great progress on your SALs. A lovely finish.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love both of your landscapes they are gorgeous!
Your Hardanger is stunning!

Ruth said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Absolutely lovely on all fronts.

I have to ask-- will you be doing the cutting on your hardanger? I just couldn't bear to do it -- it makes me so nervous.


Congrats on all the accomplishments.... and thanks so much for sharing your wonderful stitching.

Mindi said...

I love the 2 companion pieces! They'll look fantastic framed and hanging up next to each other. I'll have to look for the 2 charts.

Gabi said...

Beautiful finish. Love both companion pieces. Just lovely.
Great SAL pieces as well

Nina said...

I love all projects! Especially the HAL, it's really wonderful! But I like the others too :)

BrendaS said...

Beautiful stitching Jill! I love the hardanger piece:)))

Honeybee (Melissa) said...

Love your SAL's. I've always wanted to try my hand at hardanger. May give it a try in the very near future.

Your finish is beautiful as well!