Monday, June 20, 2011

What I've Been Up To. . .

One shouldn't wait so long to blog because it takes that much longer to get caught up. Sometimes blogging seems like such a chore. It can be so time consuming and I would rather use my time to be productive.

Anyway, this first piece I stitched for my husband's niece, for her high school graduation. I loved how it turned out and I think she will too. I know her mom will like it!

"ABC Lessons"
Lizzie Kate
32ct. English Rose Linen
DMC #3041, #987, #3687, White, #938
GAST Evergreen, Nina's Threads Caribbean
WDW Whiskey, Crescent Colors Secondhand Rose
Date Stitching Started: 5/20/2011
Date Stitching Finished: 5/27/2011
Date Finished Completely: 6/6/2011



This next piece, is the Blackbird Design that is in the current issue of Cross Stitch and Needlework (July 2011).

"Land of the Free"
Blackbird Designs
32ct. Coffee Dyed/Baked remnant
Use same substitutions as MamaJoan except Swamp Water instead of Bark
Date Stitching Started: 5/28/2011
Date Stitching Finished: 5/20/2011
Date Finished Completely: 6/6/2011




I am trying to do some Patriotic pieces and did manage to get a couple done last week.

"God Bless America"
Lizzie Kate
32ct. home dyed red linen
DMC white, 3820 and 3750
Date Stitching Started: 6/12/2011
Date Stitching Finished: 6/13/2011
Date Finished Completely: 6/13/2011



"Uncle Sam Zippie"
Bent Creek
28ct. Straw/Gray Graziano
DMC as charted
Date Stitching Started: 6/14/2011
Date Stitching Finished: 6/14/2011
Date Finished Completely: 6/14/2011



I have also been working on some items for our annual retreat which is fast approaching in August. Our theme this year is Pink Flamingos...FUN! I won't be able to share these until then.



I started a new sampler, Plenty and Grace by Primitive Traditions. This is charted with Belle Soie--16 of them. That is just a little more than my stitching budget these days so I am substituting good old DMC. I am stitching it on 36ct. count with 1 thread. Here is how far I am.


I love the concept with this sampler, kind of a family history of sorts. Because we only have 1 child, I am going to add him also. This will take me awhile, but I really am enjoying it.


For almost 3 years, I have been stitching pink and blogging on "When Pink Matters", tributing my good friend Shari, who passed away in May 2009 of breast cancer. I went to the blog today as I forgot to enter my last couple of pink stitches only to be saddened by finding out that this blog had been deleted. What? Angry and disappointed am I. I was about the only one posting on there but I had quite a tribute going. If only I was given a heads up I would have "captured" my postings somehow to save them. I will have to start again somewhere else, I guess. :(

That's all I have for today. Hopefully it won't be as long for an update next time.

Thanks for visiting and Happy Stitching!

JillMN

9 comments:

Karen said...

You have been quite busy! Love your finishes and the ABC's is such a perfect graduation gift.

Sorry to hear about the blog being deleted....

Valerie said...

WOW! What beautiful stitching! I love your Lizzie Kate "ABC Lessons." Your niece is going to love it! I am stitching "ABC's" right now and hope to finish in the next couple of weeks. I am a teacher and plan on hanging it in my classroom.

I am sorry to hear about your "Stitching Pink" blog. You are right, you should have at least gotten a heads up! I do hope that you continue the blog elsewhere!

Thank you for sharing...and I agree with you, blogging can seem like a chore at times! I struggle with my blog too! Enjoy it when you can but don't feel guilty if it becomes a chore. Like stitching it should be fun!

natalysneedle said...

Love all of your stitchy goodness. I have Plenty and Grace Sampler in my must stitch pile. Love the start!!

Colleen said...

Jill, you have been busy stitching. Super projects...I like, I like!
I too feel the same about posting on my blog. Why it takes me forever to compose one post,I haven't figured out & it drives me crazy. Perfection or what, I don't know. But I do know, I enjoy your blog.
How frustrating about your 'pink' blog. I know you will start anew, with a new 'pink' blog. Post the link & we'll come.
Happy stitching.

Deborah said...

All of the finishes are lovely! Nice to WIP. Look forward to your progress.

Hazel said...

Wow you have been busy. SO many nice things. Love your ABC finish. I have the ABC of Christmas one to do. Sorry to hear about the blog being deleted. That's a shame. x

Mouse said...

Love your finishes and starts too :) sorry to hear you lost your other blog :( take care love mouse xxxx

Sue said...

Great finishes and wonderful stitching.

BrendaS said...

Beautiful finishes! You've been one very busy girl:)))

Nice progress on your new sampler. Can't wait to see how you progress.