Friday, December 31, 2010

Out With the Old and In With the New!

Tomorrow starts a new year. Time for some changes in my stitching. For the past 3 years, I have had a year long project that I worked on monthly; still been involved in a fair amount of exchanges; and setting monthly goals. Not this year. 2011 is going to be more “freestyle” stitching for myself.

Yesterday I went through my stash to pick out pieces that I really want to get done…quite a pile. I started with a handful and got them all ready to go. I will still stitch pink and red pieces and probably work on Christmas things throughout the year, but am going to really focus on my stash.

I am currently working on Birds of a Feather “Friendship Sampler”. 2 of my stitching buds, Joan and Cathy have done this piece already and it is so beautiful.


I really love the colors. I am almost done with the border.



I am going to keep my New Year’s Day tradition going though. I have always started a new project on this day. Tomorrow I am going start “Clara’s Skating Sampler” by The Sampler Girl. I have had this for quite awhile and figured this was good as time as any for this piece as we are in the middle of yet another winter storm!



Thanks to all my readers and for all the comments throughout the year. I appreciate them.



JillMN

12 comments:

Myra said...

Happy New Year! It sounds like you have a great plan for 2011. I love that border too.

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Happy 2011 !! Love the colors n that border.

Maggie said...

Happy New Year Jill!

Look forward to seeing your stitching in 2011.

Daffycat said...

Best wishes in the New Year, Jill!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I finished the friendship sampler in 2009 and just love it (I stitched one girl and then my friend stitched the other for me). Your new start is so pretty and sweet.
Happy New Year!

Amy said...

Happy New Year! Enjoy your new plan through this year! I look forward to your posts to let us all know how it is working through the year!
Amy from Oklahoma

Missy said...

Happy New Year!! May it be all you hope it to be.

hugs
-missy-

Lucy said...

Happy New Year! Those colors are really pretty...I agree!

Glenna said...

Great choices! Happy New Year!

Lynn B said...

Happy New Year Jill, hope you had a nice Christmas!

Gabi said...

Happy New Year. You're right, that border looks fantastic. Love those colors too

Sue said...

I like that term "free style stitcher", lol. I'm more like that but to try to put some rules on myself so that stuff will actually get finished.