On Wednesday, my friend Joan and I took a trip to our LNS. We both bought the Lizzie Kate's Spring Fob kit. After having some lunch and a quick trip to Joanns, we went back to her house and stitched them up. Today I did the finishing on mine.
The kit included the pattern, the beads, the scissors and the fabric. The linen (yellow) that was included, is enough for maybe 2-3 more fobs so I decided to use a different color for the back. I used pink and stitched "Lizzie Kate Spring 2010" on the back. These kits are numbered so I also added "No. 15 of 1000". I was very excited when Joan located what seems to be the same ribbon that is shown in the picture. After putting the 2 sides of linen together I added the rouched ribbon. I love how it turned out!
On the non-stitching front...I was a victim of a RIF (Reduction in Workforce) this past week. Wednesday was my first day of joining the "unemployed" rank. This is the 3rd time I have been laid off in my working career and it has always been for the better. I am trying to be optimistic this time also. On the bright side--I will be doing LOTS of stitching!!!
I have some finishing that I want to do this weekend--some framing and some hand finishing. Hopefully I will have some things to show in a few days.
Have a great weekend and Happy Stitching!