Friday, November 20, 2009

End of a Long Week

I received my Friends Through Threads Christmas Ornament exchange earlier this week. It was from Becky K. I did send her a thank you e-mail but I have not had a chance to post it.


I'm sorry Becky, but I can't remember if you told me information on this ornament. You probably can't see, but it has lots of tiny beads on it. When the light hits it just right, it is gorgeous. It is stitched on the fabric with the opalescence effect also.

Thank you Becky! I love it!


I stitched something a little different this past week. One of my co-workers had his 25th anniversary. Because he his a huge baseball (MN Twins) fan, they had a surprise party with a baseball theme. Early last week I had said I would make a homer hanky for him. I had it all charted out and worked on it in between stuff during the past week. I finished it and brought it into work on Wednesday.


First base shows is hire date and the position he was hired for. 2nd and 3rd bases show the next positions and home plate shows his current position. It was quite fun to do and I heard that it was a hit and the party. Congrats John!

Well, I am headed to bed early tonight. It has been quite the day after a very long week. Today was my mom's funeral. Very sad. I miss her so much already.

3 comments:

Daffycat said...

A lovely ornament from Becky.

That is such an awesome memento you created for your co-worker. No wonder it was a hit!

Karen said...

Cute finish...very neat idea.

Sending you good thoughts during this time.

Kathy A. said...

I wanted to tell you what a thoughtful work of love your stitching for your co-worker was. He is indeed a lucky man to have you in his corner.