Sunday, October 11, 2009

Weekend Update

I can't believe the weekend is over already. I probably say that every Sunday night. I didn't get too much stitching in this weekend as there was too many other things going on.

I did do my Sunday Ackworth Friendship square, though. This is square #8.


Now I only have 4 left. YAY!

I saw a very cool idea over on Staci's blog. Staci is quite the knitter and knits alot of socks. Instead of putting these socks away in a drawer, she puts them in a basket. I thought that was very cool. I do not knit, but thanks to my mom, I have quite a few pair of knitted wool socks. I didn't have a basket, but I have this cute little bucket that Joan gave me at our retreat.


I think I have more, but this is all I could locate right now.

And, last but not least, I did get a Gingher Mia this last week.


This one kind of reminds me of a comforter that my dad had. I posted it here with a part of the scissors that my mom found in his belongings.

Thanks for visiting and have a great week!

9 comments:

Gabi said...

Another beautiful square. Love the color too.
The basket is cute. Great idea.
Beautiful scissors

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

A beautiful square and how fun to display all the beautiful colors in your socks - too pretty to hide away! Love the scissors!

FayeRaye said...

That is a really nice square...I am only on block 3 of that WIP...makes me want to go back to it...Love that floss!~Faye

Jade said...

Such a lovely square! I love it!

staci said...

Lots of good stuff to see Jill! Great job on your Ackworth square and loving those Gingers :) It looks like your mom keeps your toes toast with all those great socks!

MarchAnn58 said...

Thats a cool idea but I have no one to knit me socks.
The Friendship page is great, I really love the Quaker look. I am working on Mary Wigham myself.
Nice scissors.

Angela P said...

Love the Ackworth square! Those scissors are so pretty but they don't have them here in Canada.

Kathy A. said...

Love those socks in the basket. Very cool. I so want those scissors lol

Suzanne said...

Great idea with the socks and such wonderful coloured socks.