Friday, July 31, 2009

A Few Finishes

I am still a little behind in my stitching and trying very hard to catch up. I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel. It helps that I cut back a little on exchanges as I just didn't have the time.

Marie received the squares I stitched for her for the Fair Square Summer Round. I stitched Lizzie Kate's "Summer Basket" and is stitched on 32ct. Lambswool Lugana with DMC as charted.


I just love these seasonal basket patterns but am sorry to say that I have only done 1 so far for myself. I will have to get these on my list of "to do's".

Last night I finished my June ornament (here's where I am a little behind) for the 2009 Christmas Challenge. I stitched Shepherd's Bush "Starry Night" from the 2008 Just Cross Stitch ornament issue. It is stitched on 28ct Light Blue Lugana with DMC as charted.


I saw this ornament on someone's blog awhile back and just loved it and knew I had to stitch it.

And today I did my pink stitch for July. I stitched an old freebie of Sheepish Designs called "Maybe Angels". It is stitched on 25ct. Light Rose Lugana with DMC as charted except DMC #48 variegated instead of the red. I have wanted to stitch this for quite a long time.


This turned out quite cute. I love how the body turned out kind of patchworky looking with using the variegated thread. Thank goodness I am current with my pink stitches, anyway.


Be sure to pop over to my friend, Lynn's blog. She is celebrating her 1st blogoversary and look at the gorgeous treasures she has created to giveaway!



Have a great weekend,

No comments: