Monday, August 25, 2008

It's A Winner!

After much hesitation, I entered My Son Sampler in our State Fair here in Minnesota. I haven't entered in the fair for quite a few years and after one of my sister's pieces got damaged, I swore I never would enter again. However, I felt that this piece was special and I must have been right.


I won first place in the "Stitched Piece with Special Stitches" lot of the Counted Thread section. And, for this particular lot, the 1st place winner receives a one-year membership for the Needlework Guild of Minnesota. Whoo-hoo!!!

The picture was taken at the fair by my son with the camera on his phone. I will have to take a better picture when I get it back.

11 comments:

staci said...

Congrats Jill...you must be THRILLED!!!

Rachel said...

Congrats!

lynda said...

Congratulations Jill! That is a beautiful piece.

Daffycat said...

Congratulations, Jill; that's wonderful! ***happy dance***

Vonna said...

Congratulations! I knew it was a winner when you posted it before your DS's graduation! HURRAY!

Becky K in OK said...

Oh my, it's a beautiful piece. Congratulations.

Sonda in OR said...

WOW! Congrats to you!

cathymk said...

Congratulations Jill!!! YAY!

Missy Ann said...

Congrats on the win!

Ulla said...

Wow! Congrats Jill!

Andrea said...

Congratulations!